Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flower...

Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
For myself I hold no preferences among flowers, so long as they are wild, free, spontaneous.  Bricks to all greenhouses!  Black thumb and cutworm to the potted plant! 

I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
  

Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers, but the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms .

Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals.  Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock!

No comments:

Post a Comment